Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good day/Bad day

How do you ruin a great day and the potential for a great week? I have the answer... Yesterday was a great day. I woke up, got in my workout, dropped Tanner off and he was actually happy when I left, and I got a ton of stuff done at work. I came home made dinner and we actually sat at the kitchen table to eat it. Mike played with Tanner while I cleaned up, then we actually did the whole bedtime thing... story, brush teeth, etc.... and Tanner goes down great. It is just a little before 8 p.m. Mike goes to check cows and I am thinking to myself (and this is the truth) "What a great day, look at everything I have done... the house is clean, all the laundry is folded! Man, maybe just maybe I can keep it together this week " Ha ha ha The phone rings and guess who it is??? O yes it is the Bishop wanting to know if Mike and I would speak in church on Sunday!! Ahhhhhh Talk about ruin my good day :0(
The moral of the story: When you think that life is going good and you have got it in control the Lord likes to humble you and make you stretch :0)


P.S. If anyone has any ideas, stories, poems etc... on testimonies feel free to share!!!

4 comments:

The Moss Family said...

Lucky you!! Good luck. i have one suggestion for ya. Next time you see the bishops phone number on the caller I.D. dont' anwser. :)

Michelle said...

Okay really speaking in church must be running in the family. I know that my mom and Melissa just recently spoke in church. I also know that Trisa spoke and I think that Janet also spoke in church too. Not to mention that Matt and I both spoke last week on the Atonement. Anyway good luck and I am pretty sure that I have a story on testimonies that my dad gave me. I will have to get a copy to you. It was really good.

Abby said...

This is made me laugh!! hahaha I will keep in mind testimonies if I see anything. Im glad you have a blog now!!

PerryParty3 said...

Lol, the SAME thing happened to me! It happened during Dan's spring break and I was all excited to finally relax, maybe go shopping, scrapbook, ya know, selfish ME time. NOpe. Starting on Wed night, I got stress for the rest of the break. Luckily this only happens once or twice a year, right?! Good luck!